Building my custom Ironman Campaign...

Started by Izamu "Exard" Noguchi, 20.12.2019 18:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Izamu "Exard" Noguchi

...I started a new campaign and enforced some rules on myself to make it more of a challenge. And I need some tips/hints from you to tweak some criteria as I'm not totally sure what I do atm.

• No save-scumming. No reloads. No restart Mission.
  • What's dead is dead. Mechs that are destroyed by CT,HD or both legs are gone and I'll sell it to the market (only way to get rid of it)
  • Whenever a Pilot is injured, he is considered dead. Means I dismiss him in the barracks.
  • Only 100% stock layouts, no armor tweaks no nothing. Just replacement of weapons with whatever tier I got and freedom to choose either normal ACs or BF-versions
  • Chassis can be converted to other canon variants if the slots allow it (e.g. Jenner-D -> Jenner F or WHM-6R -> WHM-6K or -6D

Basically it's like HBS Battletech with Mech Destruction+Ironman+Lethality.I'm not sure about the last point as it feels like optimizing too much. Tell me what you think about it and if you have some other interesting rules I could play with.

Joshua "Gaookami" O'Connell

That sounds quite bold, especially the part with the injured pilots:
Pilot: Damn, a paper cut from the new mechs manual
You: Well, you're dead
:-D
Gelber Vogel fliegt
Grauer Drache weise flieht
Ehre ist mir Pflicht

Red petals flying
Life is flowing so do I
Leaving signs behind

Jonas "Warschnuffel" Maltex

Hard. Harder. Exard.

Du Tier. :>

Hachirou "Phidias86" Girisha

Quote from: Izamu "Exard" Noguchi on 20.12.2019 18:21
    • Whenever a Pilot is injured, he is considered dead. Means I dismiss him in the barracks.
    • Chassis can be converted to other canon variants if the slots allow it (e.g. Jenner-D -> Jenner F or WHM-6R -> WHM-6K or -6D

I would differentiate according to the cause of the injures. Sidetorso or both legs blown away? Okay, this is surely survivable. Serious stuff happened to CT or head? That's it for the pilot.

For the Chassis-conversion I would suggest a lore based historical approach: Until 3025 no conversion at all exept changing quality of the weapons/equipment itself (= replacing a Tier1-AC5 with a Tier3-AC5 or changing single-shot vs. burst-fire). After 3025 slight conversions and alterations are possible (= your examples). After 3039 even some heavier alterations pop up, because most great houses gotten the hang of designing their own mechs again (= relocations of ammo and armor).

Izamu "Exard" Noguchi

Update: We had some fun yesterday in Co-Op fielding heavies and mediums in rather dangerous missions with mechs that have deficits both in armor and/or weaponry.

I really enjoy playing like that and gives me more of a thrill because you can lose mechs and pilots, and my Warhammer and my newly gained pilot was on the edge of destruction two times yesterday and we lost a couple of components. In the end we completed the Quest series with 60 difficulty and it was a fun evening with good pilots and rather underwhelming mechs.

After Christmas, I'd like to push the campaign further into more difficult missions (70-90) and am always happy to have good pilots from the 36th on my side.

Hatake "Storyteller" Matsumura

It was so much fun! I piloted the Warhammer and got veeeeery close to destruction, but managed to survive. It's been the ride of the (MW5) life! 😊