Discord is the best for gaming.

Started by Hoshi "Terry" Toranaga, 19.04.2018 13:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoshi "Terry" Toranaga

Nice article from reddit, from a game developer:

Yes this is kind of a rant, but we are just frustrated with Teamspeak. The company does charge money for thier product which is very very slowly developed and has now major issues with many gaming plattforms.
Voice chat cuts out or the client is crashing the main application in games like Battlefield, WoW, PUBG and more (Direct X crash report anyone?). The developers, like me, have been silent because we sometimes use their code in exchange for promoting their servers.

Now I have been asked about Discord and yes DC is far from perfect.
However it gets updated almost weekly as it is an agile developed product and gets features based on community feedback.
More structured channels and better video chat incoming soon...
Also most other features are now on par or better than teampseak. You can send an receive files up to 50MB now, you can edit posts via admin and much more that is totally impossible in TS.
The app might be needing some getting used to, but at least it works on iPhone X, iOS 11 and Adroid 8 flawless (TS update coming 2019 prolly).
It integrates perfectly with Twitch and does not cause OBS to shutdown or get weird error messages like TS does (hello TS spam prevention...).
The number of bots developed for DC is going up daily and it now integrates with Spotify.
Yes they both use the same codec base, however that does not mean much. Discord used to be much worse sound quality than TS, however now supports the Opera Dolby protocols and you could (theoretically) even stream lossless audio (which makes no sense bandwith wise). Nonetheless it is on par with decent streaming radio.
One of the new features the "anti-mic noise" is a blessing. Remember hearing those chair farts and everything activate your TS? Well try DC and you will feel blessed by the supression codec of non voice audio.

The list of nice things on DC is prolly a mile longer a day after I write this, however I recommend to any serious clan on here to make the switch, so your clannies can get used to the future.
I know it is sometimes hard to switch, but let us be honest, I am an old fart gamer, I switched from TS to Vent to TS2 to Vent to Mumble to Ts3 and well now to DC. Get over it and switch (and its free you morons).
Hoshi "Terry" Toranaga

Sean "Crashingmail" Yoshioka

Naja TS Abstürze habe ich in den letzten 15 Jahren nicht gehabt bei Spielen. Also woher die das nehmen Frage ich mich.
Mit den Updates Jan ich auch nicht verstehen. Ein Produkt was so lange auf dem Markt ist, hat kaum noch Fehler daher dauern Updates länger weil das neue Funktionen sind und keine Bus die entfernt werden müssen.
Und das auch bei TS Updates können sehe ich am TS zu Hause. Dort läuft ein Ersatz für unseren mit 32 Slots.
Anstoßen mag sein dass die Quasi besser in, höre ich persönlich im Spiel nicht.
Und das Noise Cancelling klingt Klasse, macht mein Headset selbst.

Bericht ist nice, aber wie so oft sind die immer sehr einseitig auf Reddit

Gesendet von meinem ONE A2003 mit Tapatalk

Doragon o tataemasu

SMCPO Crashingmail  |  Web: www.36thdieron.de  |  Facebook: 36th Dieron Regulars DCMS

Hoshi "Terry" Toranaga

Er redet, dass TS Spiele zum Absturz bring und nicht, dass TS abstürzt... hat mit dem Sounddriver zu tun.
Hoshi "Terry" Toranaga

Sean "Crashingmail" Yoshioka

Ist aber beides noch nicht passiert.
Okay liegt bei mir bestimmt auch daran dass TS über Headset läuft und spiele über Soundkarte

Gesendet von meinem ONE A2003 mit Tapatalk

Doragon o tataemasu

SMCPO Crashingmail  |  Web: www.36thdieron.de  |  Facebook: 36th Dieron Regulars DCMS

Hoshi "Terry" Toranaga

Was mich nun nervt:
Die MobilApp für iPhone kostet jetzt 5,49 und funktioniert nicht es einmal am iPhone X. TS ist echt für den A**** was Update angeht.

Ich bin am Discord. Deren App geht super.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Hoshi "Terry" Toranaga