Hellfire

Started by Onai "Oni" Tekimata, 05.04.2018 09:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Onai "Oni" Tekimata

Source: https://mwomercs.com/hellfire

Looks like a nice design. If you look closely then you will notice that the different chassis come with two different engine ratings and the Hellfire 1 only has a standard engine. I think they will be fitted with laser vomit or a combo of missiles and lasers.

In any case a fine addition to the touman of the 37th Nova Cat Garrison Cluster (Tirant already has his paws on a package  :mrgreen:)

Chu-sa Onai Tekimata, Web: 36th Dieron Regulars, Facebook: 36th Dieron Regulars DCMS
"wisdom is your best weapon"

Hoshi "Terry" Toranaga

Honestly - I do not see why this mech is any good.

If I want a slow 60 tonner that can carry heavy lasers? Invest 5 tons more in a linebacker and you can go 100kph with the same firepower.
It makes no sense as a laser plattform as the hardpoints do not converge, every other heavy is better, or save 10 tons and get the laser Hunchy IIC, less armor, but more speed and more firepower.
Its missile slots are far worse than the faster sunspider or same weight maddog.
The maddog hero is a better balistic mix and the sunspider is far better.

For me this is just too slow for a clan mech as it does not have any advantages and almost anything is better on other mechs, every Huntsman will outclass it.

Again they listened to a community poll, where most prolly made a sign at that mech, because of the name is cool...
Hoshi "Terry" Toranaga

Mercur

An der Platte war der "Hellfire" mal ein extrem Punktgünstiger Heavie-Mech welcher
(dank des MASC) relativ zügig unterwegs war und gut austeilen konnte, mein echter
Lieblingsmech um jeden Gegner die Schweißperlen auf die Stirn zu treiben wenn es
nur nach BV ging.
:floet:

Hier sehe ich das nicht ganz so positiv, die vielen möglichen ERPPC- und Laserbuilds
sind einfach viel zu heiß und im Bereich der AC's und Raketen kann man nicht so viel
reinladen wie erhofft. Was an der Platte gut funzt, klappt bei MWO halt nicht immer.
Sicher, ich bin ein Verfechter der Devise das Feuerkraft über Tempo geht aber wenn
der theoretische Damage nicht so wichtig ist wie der effektiv rüberkommende DPS,
dann fehlen dem "Hellfire" noch einige Waffenslots für Raketen und AC's für wirklich
gute Builds...
:denk:
Lieber tot als Zweiter!