Flea you fools

Started by Joshua "Gaookami" O'Connell, 01.03.2018 23:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua "Gaookami" O'Connell

Greetings comrades,

Piranha Games is going to release a new iconic battlemech: https://mwomercs.com/flea
What do you think, will this replace the urbanmech and commando in the current meta?  :-D

Cheers
Gao
Gelber Vogel fliegt
Grauer Drache weise flieht
Ehre ist mir Pflicht

Red petals flying
Life is flowing so do I
Leaving signs behind

Izamu "Exard" Noguchi

Will certainly find it's place between locust and commando. And we get a non-hero ECM version, should be a decent substitute for the pirates bane. And 8 machine gun option on the Inner Sphere...

I'm really excited on the MASC agility you can get out of this mech.

Biggest Engine (170) will give you 148kph and the MASC will boost this further by 20% resulting in 177.6 kph. Fastest Mech ever...Meep Meep

Hoshi "Terry" Toranaga

It is IS tech, so unlike the PIR it will not handle the heat and you can really not put any Doubles extra in.
So with the current stats it will hands down be a lot worse than the Pirates Bane, unless PGI will give it ungodly quirks.

For me it is too much a gimmick mech to consider it or maybe buy one version if it is out on CBills. But I wont pre-order it.
Hoshi "Terry" Toranaga

Hachirou "Phidias86" Girisha

Same with me. I like the diversity and quantity of hardpoints, but this diversity exists solely on the paper. You have to invest into speed, because there is literally no armor to rely on. With the "big" engine there is almost no room left for weapons and ammunition, not even talking about heat efficiency. I think this design is basicly a Locust on steroids, that did not took into consideration that most of the good working locusts-builds are not using every hardpoint they already have.

I think there will be some really nasty and annoying builds, especially when taking Flamer-utilizing layouts into consideration. PGI won't ship an "Fire Ant", that does only breathe fire as well as every other light Mech with multiple Energy-hardpoints. But as I am not so much into picking and harrassing, I will save my money this time.

Plus: Only one of the Fleas packs ECM and is able to pull the 177,6 kph off. To get it, you will have to buy at least the reinforcement pack for 40$. All the other variants peak at 148 kph and got no ECM.

Izamu "Exard" Noguchi

Quote from: Hachirou "Phidias86" Girisha on 02.03.2018 15:04With the "big" engine there is almost no room left for weapons and ammunition, not even talking about heat efficiency.

Also take into account that ECM (1,5t) and MASC(1t) are rather very heavy too. Flea should have ~7,5t podspace with the xl170 and 4 heat sinks (6 in engine +4 external to get the 10). This one might be short on slots if you go double heat sinks and (llight) ferro

Plus: Only one of the Fleas packs ECM and is able to pull the 177,6 kph off. To get it, you will have to buy at least the reinforcement pack for 40$. All the other variants peak at 148 kph and got no ECM.

FLE-17 has MASC too. Non-ECM variant.

Grafstrat

I will pre order it i think. Looks like fun and normally with this "different" mechs i play best like my Javelin :D

Onai "Oni" Tekimata

Chu-sa Onai Tekimata, Web: 36th Dieron Regulars, Facebook: 36th Dieron Regulars DCMS
"wisdom is your best weapon"

Shin'ichi "K4t0o" Takeda

I'm still not sure, if I will buy it. Didn't bought the Osiris, still thinking of it, and the Flea...it has actually to many negative aspects for me. Hmhm...