The Giant Robot Duel

Started by Aeryo, 17.10.2017 18:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Rai "StarBlaze" Akahoshi

"[...] Mechwarriors who don't care about Winning or Losing, they just live for the Fighting." - Heir Apparent by Michael A. Stackpole

Yuudai "Yoogiibear" Kuma

Yay, we're waiting month and years for it - I'm awaiting to see the Megabot winning

Carl Nilfgaard

For everyone interested in the results:

Match 1:  Japan VS America(Mark 2) - 1:0 Japan won by ramming its fist into the center torso of the enemy, making the Mark 2 fall on it's back. Both Bots were equaliy in Tonnage, with the Japan Bot having more speed and horsepower to use.

Match 2: Japan VS America(Mark 3) - 1:1 America won by grabbing Japans Punching-Arm und cutting its oponnent open with a big chainsaw. This time the American Bot had 12 Tons of weight compared to its 6t Japanese counterpart. And lot more horsepower too.

Analysis: Basically you could have guessed the outcome, looking at the stats of the mechs and seeing how in round 1 the japanese Robot was well suited to its enemy, you see it was build for that oponnent. In Round 2 the american Robot was specifically build to just outpower his enemy in raw strenght and weight.

I would have loved to see what would have happend in Match 2, had the asian pilot not gone for the direct approach and tried to get in its enemies back or go for the Engine instead of the armor plating.  All in all, it was fun to watch.
For my taste, the american guys were to " Murrica", like they ruled the whole event, when it was basically a tie. But that is basically personal taste. I would love to see more of these. :)

Onai "Oni" Tekimata

Chu-sa Onai Tekimata, Web: 36th Dieron Regulars, Facebook: 36th Dieron Regulars DCMS
"wisdom is your best weapon"

Icke C (Dennis)

boh LLLAAAAANGWEILIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hachirou "Phidias86" Girisha

Wenn man zurückdenkt wie diese ganzen kleinen combat robots mal angefangen haben, dann stimmt mich das irgendwie positiv. :mrgreen:

Hatake "Storyteller" Matsumura

A good start. :-) But the japanese Battlemech would have needed much more space to maneuver.

As I see it, the combat zone was very limited and so the weight advantage made the second US mech win the match easily.

Anyhow, the japanese design is much more elegant and I think through its speed / mobility it's the better overall mech.

Icke C (Dennis)

Um es auch genauer zu schreiben. Ich das das deutlich zu unspektakulär. Und die Paintball Waffen waren ohne Wirkung. Es war kein Battle sondern eher ein Schaukampf mit abgesprochenen Ende.