Bongfu's Application

Started by Bongfu, 19.02.2017 23:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Bongfu

I am finally back in a position where I can devote a good amount of time into MWO. I recently made the switch from exclusively Clans to Inner Sphere side. The reason being there was just too much drama for me Clan side. I have played as a Clanner since the online days of MW3. I was a Smoke Jaguar, then a Shark. I was one of the Diamond Shark's Khans for a time before I finally called it quits (due to real life things).

I have been a Battletech player since I was five years old. Nineteen years of playing in my favourite universe. I have always been very found of House Kurita and two thirds of my tabletop collection is devoted to various DCMS units. I am a huge lore junkie and I am a beta tester/demo agent for Catalyst currently.

What I am looking for:

A community first and foremost. I miss my home in the Diamond Sharks, but I want to play for a Draconis Loyalist unit now. After that, a place to hone my skills as a warrior and also help teach those who need it. I am comfortable taking commands and giving them. I prefer light and mediums mechs (leaning more towards mediums), but I am a decent heavy pilot. Assault mechs and I just don't get along, so don't expect me to pull my weight in one.

I tend to be calm in battle, but I am "calmly aggressive". I believe in action and taking the fight to the enemy. I am not one to shy away from a push or hard flanking action. I am willing to "take one for the team" which is a philosophy I feel will fit well within service to the Dragon.

In the real world I am an anthropologist/chef. I currently teach culinary classes while finishing up my degree. I have worked as a chef for many years now only taking a break to serve two tours in Afghanistan as an Army medic. Food is pretty much my life outside of Battletech. When both of them mix, my life is complete. Also sake, sooo much sake. I also have a Masters in Astrophysics.... yeah life is weird sometimes. I speak a bit of German (my Oma was German), but mostly English, Spanish, and Welsh.

I hope, at the very least, I can drop with some of you soon. I will be hanging out in Teamspeak so just poke me if I seem AFK. Chances are I am around. Unless I am not.

Cheers,
Bongfu

Aeryo

Hallo and  :welcome:

Onai "Oni" Tekimata

Konnichi-wa Bongfu-san,

We feel honored by your application and welcome you in our small community. If it is no problem for you that we are mainly dropping in EU timezone than I will send you a unit invite as soon as I am at my home.
We have our regular playing times on Wednesday, Thurday and Sunday beginning from 2000 CEST. We encourage that members should group up if online so sometimes there are smaller and bigger groups outside of our regular playing times.

In any case: we see us on the battlefield!

Chu-sa Onai Tekimata, Web: 36th Dieron Regulars, Facebook: 36th Dieron Regulars DCMS
"wisdom is your best weapon"

John MacAllister

Welcome!

What Onai forget to say is that all applications will be decided and formaly announced on Sunday. Until then feel free to have a look at our Teamspeak.

Best regards

Mac

Hachirou "Phidias86" Girisha

Cheers Bongfu, see you on the field!  :welcome:

Hoshi "Terry" Toranaga

"Calmly aggressive"  :shock: :ok:

I think this is my kind of warrior Tai-sa. I hence recommend this recruit to be recuited for recruiting immediately. I need warriors who can punch the enemy in the face! BANZAI!
Hoshi "Terry" Toranaga

Nanashi "Solothkar" no Gonbei

I like him. He has my vote. He is fierce, nice and funny. Speaks German with his Granma. Fights like a Dragon.  :ok:
urusai - wakarimasen - doke!

Jeder ist vor dem Gesetz gleich. Das Nähere regeln Ausländergesetz, Parteibuch, Geschlecht, Alter und Dienstgrad.
- Gerd Wollschon

hiemem venit

Bongfu

Danke for the warm welcome.

I have no problems with that time. As I was telling Storyteller on comms last night, my "prime time" is around 12pm CST. So 20:00 CEST.

Takehiko "Suldanessala" Takeda

Hello and :welcome:

Onai "Oni" Tekimata

Perfect, and since you seem to have your own fan club here I send you a Unit Invite earlier this morning.  :ok:

Chu-sa Onai Tekimata, Web: 36th Dieron Regulars, Facebook: 36th Dieron Regulars DCMS
"wisdom is your best weapon"

Jonas "Warschnuffel" Maltex

After drop-talking with you yesterday i am thrilled to have you with this team. As a Member for just one week it is weird to say 'welcome' but ... WELCOME! :D (Team Pink-Marauders for the win!)

Bongfu

Thanks for the invite. I shall not fail in my service!

I had a lot of fun dropping with you yesterday Warschnuffel. I find it hilarious we both dropped in pink marauders.

Shin'ichi "K4t0o" Takeda

Welcome to the 36t! I hope you'll have a lot of fun with us... :)

Nanashi "Solothkar" no Gonbei

Quote from: Bongfu on 21.02.2017 18:51
Thanks for the invite. I shall not fail in my service!

I had a lot of fun dropping with you yesterday Warschnuffel. I find it hilarious we both dropped in pink marauders.

*takes out his spray can*

Good idea.
urusai - wakarimasen - doke!

Jeder ist vor dem Gesetz gleich. Das Nähere regeln Ausländergesetz, Parteibuch, Geschlecht, Alter und Dienstgrad.
- Gerd Wollschon

hiemem venit

John MacAllister

Welcome to the 36th Dieron Recruits

More informations in the Topic: ,,Hello! I am the new one, what do I have to do first?"

Best Regards

Mac