Planetary Invasion Campaign: Black Sails on the Horizone

Started by Onai "Oni" Tekimata, 09.05.2019 21:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Onai "Oni" Tekimata

Konnichi-wa Warrios,

For quite some time we got an idea to do a campaign in a small scale in MWO. This is derived from a campaign described in an old Classic Battletech Sourcebook. It is a non linear campaign, so this is unlike the usual scenarios and campaigns that we played. This means it is more flexible and playable even though few people are available. As I like roleplaying this method also gives you the opportunity to have some personal interaction  8-|

This is first, which means I would like to try the method with you and see how we can improve it.

So here are some more details:
It is a 3025 Stock Mech campaign that is for small scale battles (4vs4, max. 8vs8, or even 2vs2). All details are described in this campaign book:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1qDutVR91Yt5qPPo8MsNUUB21UkWqN7EIfeQiRh2laZM/edit?usp=sharing

To get into the feeling, I added some background information (some copied, some I made up, like the Black Sails mercenary unit).
I will work on two 24 Mechs units that resemble the 36th Dieron Unit and the Black Sails in the next few days.

But in the first place I need two commanders for the units that organise their forces and matches. One Tai-i for the 36th Dieron and one Captain for the Black Sails. These will be my partners to discussing the rules setup. Of course any feedback on it is highly appreciated, as I tend to get a tunnel view and overlook obvious flaws... :mrgreen:

If we are passed this trial phase and like it we can play with other units.

Chu-sa Onai Tekimata, Web: 36th Dieron Regulars, Facebook: 36th Dieron Regulars DCMS
"wisdom is your best weapon"

Dodger "Ikokujin" Riggs

Wonderful idea my darling  O:). I would so like to participate but i am still busy with work.

:gaga:

Jonas "Warschnuffel" Maltex

Yap, i am on board! In whatever function i can serve. :)

Hatake "Storyteller" Matsumura

Count me in whatever role you think it's best. :-)

Onai "Oni" Tekimata

Ok then hereby I declare:

Tai-i Storyteller, leader for the 36th Dieron

Captain Warschnuffel for the Black Sails

Many thanks and we will discuss our next steps. On the weekend I will try to get the two Mech units together.

Chu-sa Onai Tekimata, Web: 36th Dieron Regulars, Facebook: 36th Dieron Regulars DCMS

Hatake "Storyteller" Matsumura

Onai "Oni" Tekimata

Rai "StarBlaze" Akahoshi

"[...] Mechwarriors who don't care about Winning or Losing, they just live for the Fighting." - Heir Apparent by Michael A. Stackpole

I apologize for not translating the recruitment poster – i just had one hour and i was tired. :'(

Onai "Oni" Tekimata

For all who want to participate in this stock Mech campaign, please post in this threat. We want to make this campaign interesting for all sides and have to distribute the players fairly.

Shin'ichi "K4t0o" Takeda

Mensereg

What you see is your Death

Thanks to my incredible recruitment skills (get them drunk and get them to sign your contract), lots of benefits (if you die, the captain will take care of your widow) and a perfect healthcare plan (no teeth, no dentist), i have many great warrios under contract. Unfortunatly, i am in financial trouble and those guys get paid veeeery well, cuz everyone of them is worth a whole lance of pilots. Problem is, every last one of them also drinks as much.

So ... i can't keep them all.

Shin'ichi "K4t0o" Takeda 79%
Phidias86   84%
Mensereg   75%

Hachirou "Phidias86" Girisha

Quote from: Jonas "Warschnuffel" Maltex on 16.05.2019 16:05
Phidias86   84%
Is this a guess how drunk I was, when i signed? Then it should be 114% :-D