Planetary Invasion Campaign: Black Sails on the Horizone

Started by Onai "Oni" Tekimata, 09.05.2019 21:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Grafstrat

i will try but im at training monday. so maybe a bit late

Shin'ichi "K4t0o" Takeda

Onai "Oni" Tekimata

RP ON
The camp was a mess, numerous crates and containers were destroyed. At least it was too moist, so the trees haven't caught fire when the Dierons had attacked the landing zone. The Mechs were still disembarking as the perimeter scouts had called that they were incoming. Nash had lead the assault on the small raiding party in his Highlander "Queen of Tortuga". Now his most prized possession lay broken beyond repair in a mud water filled pond one kilometer from the dropship. Again they had suffered heavy losses. Another five Mechs down. But at least they had destroyed some heavy stuff as well. A Dieron Battlemaster was ripped apart by the pirates. Hopefully that was the commanders Mech. That stinking snakes!
"Move it! Get the rigs up again! I said MOVE! Everything that can walk is to depart in two hours!" That's it, no more mister nice guy. I will let them pay for what they did to his beloved "Queen of Tortuga".

They were on the way back to the capital, again heavy losses, but it was worth it. Just something over a lance of invaders eliminated just one klick away from the dropship, they have had time to damage some equipment as they got near the landing zone as possible, before the dropship had opened up with long range weapons.
If it was enough to drive the pirates back to space was unsure. However was the assault a success even though at heavy losses.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Costal Comm Station B4A, Near New Brunswick
Sho-ko Kerminov had reprogramed the remote Comm Station to monitor radio chatter that was presumably from the pirates. All five emitters would trace the movement of the pirates as they got near New Brunswick. From what he had listened to over the coms the assault in the Critter Valley had gone good. He thought that the pirates were too busy to detect him. He looked up his Quickdraw as he closed the panel on the service hatch of the antenna tower. Better be quick, he thought and ran to the ladder.
RP OFF

*********************************************************************************

The Dierons won two missions last evening. One unopposed scouting match and an assault on the dropzone.
Please give feedback to your impressions of the fights.
What would be a good evening for the next fights? Next Monday (08.07) is bad for me.

Chu-sa Onai Tekimata, Web: 36th Dieron Regulars, Facebook: 36th Dieron Regulars DCMS
"wisdom is your best weapon"

Hatake "Storyteller" Matsumura

Monday would be bad for me as well, but Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday are okay.

@Yesterday: Tenno haika ... BANZAI!!!

It's been a blast and thanks to the team for the great matches. :-)

Jonas "Warschnuffel" Maltex

I checked with the Pirate-Crew and Wednesday seems to be a good day for fighting. We might not be 100% but most of us should be able to play. :)

Onai "Oni" Tekimata

Ok, then we will meet for the next fight night on 10.07. Looking forward to it!!!!

Chu-sa Onai Tekimata, Web: 36th Dieron Regulars, Facebook: 36th Dieron Regulars DCMS

Rai "StarBlaze" Akahoshi

Due to previous arrangements I cannot make on 10.07, apologizes, my schedule is getting constantly fucked up by work since we are closer to summer closure.
"[...] Mechwarriors who don't care about Winning or Losing, they just live for the Fighting." - Heir Apparent by Michael A. Stackpole

Onai "Oni" Tekimata

RP ON
Kashira Kamarov stepped up the hill in his Phoenix Hawk to have a look on the pirate convoy that had halted near Sowlung harbour only to be greated by PPC and AC fire. Still on the steep hill he made evasive steps as the rest of the strike lance began a flanking attack. PPCs hit left torso and legs as he made a diversion to give his comrades the time they needed to reach the tunnel that would give them little bit of cover to close the distance to the enemy.
####
Lieutenant "Barnacle Bill" Kramer stood on his Catapult taking a deep sip of Old Donagel Whiskey looking over the harbour from the towering Mech. The Mech stood on a higher helipad so he had a good view on everything. Six piles of smoke marked the last resting places of the fallen steel titans. Down to Davy Jones locker. "At least one of 'em dirty snakes is mine, you hear!". They had successfully defended the supply convoy and had even managed to destroy all attacking draconian Mechs. Four to two lost Mechs is a good result for once. He raised the bottle for one more sip as his helmet microphone cracked. "Krrrr.... forget it,.... not going back.... ship Kraken returning to LZ...!"
Captain Will "Sabertooth" Hollander opened a channel to Vince "Tarantula" Gorky. "Hey maggot, we will cover your retreat." Crackles in the channel "But when you strafe them two or three times again, then we have 'em!". "You sniffed coolant again?!? Vince, forget it, we are not going back. Dropship Kraken is returning to LZ, for Blakes sake!" He switched of the channel.
He and his crew had assisted in attacking the base. The flight vectors had been given to them by Vice. He was on the ground in his Spider to help them navigate the dropship as it swept through the narrow canyon and attack the base and its defenders with the ships weaponry. A dangerous maneuver, but effective if the enemy wasn't prepared for it. Unfortunately the Dracs had run out of their base like a swarm of angry bees once the had realized they were sitting ducks in that small area. The Dracs had surprisingly overwhelmed the attackers that were sniping through the base gates. The fighting was brutal and short. And it was over.
However his Leopard class dropship was too precious to risc it in another pass or two without ground support. He turned the ship on the left wing and saw the 30 ton Spiderthrough the side window running at full speed along the shore line back to Sowlung harbor. "What a day, I tell ya, what a day."
RP OFF

Despite the mixed results from the evening, please tell me when we will meet next? Monday 15th?

Mase Wolverine

In den Sommerferien passt Montags für mich. Danach lieber ein anderer Tag (wenn die Kampagne noch so lange geht).

Shin'ichi "K4t0o" Takeda

Jonas "Warschnuffel" Maltex

Die Piraten könnten am besten Dienstags, zumindest schaut es derzeit nach 4 Mann aus. :)

Hatake "Storyteller" Matsumura

Like always, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday are fine for me.

Onai "Oni" Tekimata

So, after yesterdays quick feedback, we will play on Tuesday (tomorrow) usual time.
Leaders please tell me your decision on what to play next.

Hachirou "Phidias86" Girisha

Chu-i Girisha meldet sich ab. Er muss in einem Paralleluniversum in kruder Vergangenheit (2060er - quasi die Steinzeit :mrgreen:) Megakonzernen eine auswischen.

Shin'ichi "K4t0o" Takeda

Ich bin morgen dann vermutlich auch nicht dabei und werde bei einem Umzug mithelfen.