Gunpla!

Started by Rai "StarBlaze" Akahoshi, 16.01.2019 19:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Onai "Oni" Tekimata

Goufs and Doms. Great MS!!!

And the models look fantastic. A Kaempfer vs. Gundam Alex. also a wonderfull scene!

Chu-sa Onai Tekimata, Web: 36th Dieron Regulars, Facebook: 36th Dieron Regulars DCMS
"wisdom is your best weapon"

Rai "StarBlaze" Akahoshi

Here we go again! Back in the day I was able to find this Set for a very cheap price so it was an instant grab. It has Char's Z'Gok which a model I really like a lot. Sea-operation MS are my favourites specially Zeon's someway they remind me Cyclops and the myth of Polifemo from Odissea :)

(Please, note the Gogg in a very Italian pose)
"[...] Mechwarriors who don't care about Winning or Losing, they just live for the Fighting." - Heir Apparent by Michael A. Stackpole

Onai "Oni" Tekimata

Uuuhh nice, are what scale are they?

Chu-sa Onai Tekimata, Web: 36th Dieron Regulars, Facebook: 36th Dieron Regulars DCMS

BayYan

ジオン水泳部set!

Rai-san, You got a good buy.
If I remember correctly, It should have a nice manual attached.
(Btw, What "Italian pose"?)

Speaking of "exclusive use of Char", There used to be such a video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rYaWBAqwXY

Onai "Oni" Tekimata

Quote from: BayYan on 12.03.2019 18:15
(Btw, What "Italian pose"?)

Italians have a unique way to communicate with their hands, here is a brief summary:
https://spring17rlfromitaly.wordpress.com/2017/04/10/hand-gestures-in-italy/

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BayYan

Quote from: Onai "Oni" Tekimata on 12.03.2019 18:27
Italians have a unique way to communicate with their hands, here is a brief summary:
https://spring17rlfromitaly.wordpress.com/2017/04/10/hand-gestures-in-italy/

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Onai-san, Arigato- :-)
"Italian pose", I learnt something new today.
When looking at the gunpla made by the Italians, I will focus on the hand shape. :-D
(Such an explanation is very interesting because Japanese people are not good at body or hand gestures)

What is this Gogg trying to tell?

Onai "Oni" Tekimata

I guess it is the "forget about it" pose.

Starblaze, lift the mystery, what is the Gogg trying to tell us?

Rai "StarBlaze" Akahoshi

Quote from: Onai "Oni" Tekimata on 12.03.2019 10:06
Uuuhh nice, are what scale are they?

It is 1/144, typical HGUC.

Quote from: BayYan on 12.03.2019 18:15
Speaking of "exclusive use of Char", There used to be such a video.

Zeonic Toyota! XD

Quote from: Onai "Oni" Tekimata on 12.03.2019 20:50
I guess it is the "forget about it" pose.

Starblaze, lift the mystery, what is the Gogg trying to tell us?

It is a mix between "What the Fuck" and "I don't care" poses.
"[...] Mechwarriors who don't care about Winning or Losing, they just live for the Fighting." - Heir Apparent by Michael A. Stackpole

Rai "StarBlaze" Akahoshi

Ok! This is the last Gunpla I completed, I bought it in Seoul when I was away for a business trip!

Bonus: GM!

Onai "Oni" Tekimata

Interisting choice.
The Mobile Worker is in many ways comparable to what is described in Batttletech as Industrial Mechs or Agromechs (Example: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Buster)

Although they need to fill the evolutionary gap between the "modern" Mobile Suits ,that we all know and love, and their origins, I do not like that particular design.

Speaking of evolution: I realy like the old school GM. The design is crude and rough and the model reflects this early stages of Mobile Suit technology. The model is very flexible and posable and makes a good sparing partner for any ZAKU  3:)

Starblaze, you should try inking it highlights the details of the models ver nice and is easy to apply. Try it, I can give you advise on it, and if you don't like it it is removable.

Rai "StarBlaze" Akahoshi

Quote from: Onai "Oni" Tekimata on 20.03.2019 09:10
Starblaze, you should try inking it highlights the details of the models ver nice and is easy to apply. Try it, I can give you advise on it, and if you don't like it it is removable.

I tried, I even bought BANDAI pens to do it, but, in the end, I didn't really like the effect. I still prefer them clean as possible.

Onai "Oni" Tekimata

I had the experience with the pens too. I tried inking with a thin brush and regular painting ink from a small glas pot and then thinned with water to a solution of 1/3 ink to water.

When I (finaly) come and visit you, we will make a small workshop  :mrgreen:

BayYan

About スミ入れ (Sumi-ire: lining black?)
It may be better to prepare two types of Gundam-malker(BANDAI pens), black and gray.
Using a black-malker for the part you want to emphasize(Only Line around chin portion of the Gundam's face) and a gray-malker for the other parts(Other line of  face parts)
I prefer gray-malker because It is over-emphasized when using a black-malker as a whole.

This HP may be helpful for painting Gunpla.
https://hobby.dengeki.com/ganpla_howto/
The HP explains about detail-up of straight built Ganpla
*素組み(Sugumi: straight build)

Sry, Please use the translation app because it is all written in Japanese

Rai "StarBlaze" Akahoshi

Quote from: BayYan on 22.03.2019 00:15
This HP may be helpful for painting Gunpla.
https://hobby.dengeki.com/ganpla_howto/
The HP explains about detail-up of straight built Ganpla
*素組み(Sugumi: straight build)

Sry, Please use the translation app because it is all written in Japanese

BayYan

These are different from gunpla... but are cool Box arts!
(These are also plastic models made with the same technology as Gunpla)

I hear that Glendizer is broadcast in France and is very popular, but was these broadcast in Germany?