roadmap FP-updates

Started by Hachirou "Phidias86" Girisha, 12.12.2018 10:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Hachirou "Phidias86" Girisha

https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/270497-faction-play-update-post-mechcon-2018/

+ info on match maker (https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/270497-faction-play-update-post-mechcon-2018/page__st__40__p__6194781#entry6194781)

summary:
FP-updates are scheduled for March/April 2019. Some minor things are already completed and will be implemented soon, others will take longer.

Soon:
Bring back queue count.
Refresh on friends list
Favorites on friends list
Tool for players to enter planetary data

possible "on the fly"
Objective play reward increase.
Adjust launch countdown.
CalltoArms timer change.
Rewards for CalltoArms participation
More than 4 drop decks

still in consideration
Drop Zone wall angle adjustments.
VoIP prior to drop

unlikely before March/April 2019
Story/Lore/Faction driven choices to cement a desire to stay loyal
Expand on the Loyalist path drastically
Expand on lore in global descriptions in FP

also notable:
"adjust launch countdown" will most likely include a rework of the FP-Match-Maker. The vision is a system highly similar to the Solaris-Match-Maker with regular drops every X-minutes. Plus large groups shall be more likely to face other big groups.

Overall the tweak seem minor to me. Maybe the changes in match making and rewards will boost interest in FP a little, but I'm rather sceptical about this as the gameplay itself stays untouched. The points mentioned for March/April 2019 seem interesting, yet they only adress lore-, flair- and role-play-ish-elements. This may incentivise already motivated players a little, but in my experience it will not affect the majority of the players if PGI does not start to invest heavily in storytelling and immersivity.

Any opinions on that? Someone less sceptical?  :-D

Hatake "Storyteller" Matsumura

Mmh, haut mich jetzt nicht vom Hocker.

Sicher, einige kleine nette und durchaus sinnvolle Verbesserungen, aber das FP wird so nicht grundlegend verbessert.

Dazu frage ich mich, was sie hiermit genau meinen:

"Story/Lore/Faction driven choices to cement a desire to stay loyal"
"Expand on lore in global descriptions in FP"

Mehr Beschreibungstexte oder wie?

Grüße
Storyteller

Onai "Oni" Tekimata

I agree that this is not a big breakthrough after this long time. Minor tweaks to it will not help improving it. And to adapt it similar to the Solaris mechanics is something I would dislike as well. Since there is not so much actual information in detail to the crucible elements that they are working on I will wait what they will come up with.

Till then we will have to fight the endless IS vs. Clans battles and occasionally fighting IS vs IS and Clan vs. Clan.

Chu-sa Onai Tekimata, Web: 36th Dieron Regulars, Facebook: 36th Dieron Regulars DCMS
"wisdom is your best weapon"

Hoshi "Terry" Toranaga

Minor changes that will do nothing IMHO.

To make FP interesting you would need real impact taking planets.
Alliances of players that can attack territory and will get serious benefits.
Choice of what to attack and real strategy to take what planets (increase your resources, increase political pressure etc. all that have real consequences not just texts.)
Chance of planets to drop freely to a side due to political pressure if taking the right planets.
Defense windows (like Eve had) where defending party can rally due to a windows of invulnarability (planets cannot be attacked by attacker due to logistics need to catch up to repair and reinforce mechs). So making real defense tactics work even when you are on the loosing side to rally your forces and possibly even hire mercs for real. To make mercs truely mercs not just "free to switch anytime".
Hoshi "Terry" Toranaga