Blaine L. Pardoe uses my name?

Started by Hatake "Storyteller" Matsumura, 22.06.2018 00:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatake "Storyteller" Matsumura

Blaine Lee Pardoe is looking for names for one of his BT novellas:

"I'm writing a novella about some little unit called Wolf's Dragoons. I need some volunteers to appear as characters. I can't make any promises, but if you want to toss your name in the arena, this is your chance. Bear in mind, I may use your name for some city, street, or river. I may not use them at all. But I am cracking the door open. The following folks are already in the mix in some way or another."

I was answering the call and he answered directly to me - see attachment.

EXCITING!!!  :-O

Onai "Oni" Tekimata

Chu-sa Onai Tekimata, Web: 36th Dieron Regulars, Facebook: 36th Dieron Regulars DCMS
"wisdom is your best weapon"

Mase Wolverine

Das ist doch mal total cool!!!

Some more information about this thing!

Blaine Lee Pardoe made another call to action for throwing in names for his next major BT novel. And that's what he announced today:

Okay, this is it - a quasi-official casting call for names for an upcoming BattleTech novel. I am talking canon. We all love a good game, and this is one!
I will not promise I will use your names if submitted. If I do, you may end up a street, a city, a MechWarrior, who knows? I pick the names I find useful...totally subjective on my part. Read The Anvil and you will see what I did for the folks included...and you will see this is is not BS.

The following are folks I have already included in the first few chapters:
Oliver Haake (Appearing shortly in a major way...holy shit what a cool character. Lines will be put in the Remembrance for your character)

Wow, I am so excited!!! :-D

Grafstrat

Warum glaube ich das er einen Kurita Ansturm anführen wird und dann im Takcom schreit : FOCUS Fire und dann draufgeht ;) :D Das wäre mal authentisch *hust* ;)

Du hast "NICHT STEHEN BLEIBEN ... VERDDAMTESAUZUCHTUNDZUGENÄHTNOCHMAL!" und "RUN & GUN!!!" vergessen. ;-P

Grafstrat

Stimmt verdammt hab ich vergessen :D Aber dann wäre es hyperrealistisch :D

Update on Facebook from Blaine L. Pardoe:

Finished Chapter 8, 8.5, and started on 9 this weekend. I know what you're saying, "8.5?" Well, I needed to add an additional chapter. It just felt right. It will become chapter 9 at some point during the edit process.
And the fans of BattleTech are being involved heavily as well.
Stephen Parac
Michael Hofacker
Oliver Haake
Elmer Lee Bechdoldt
"Warbear" Stephan Peter
Artem Kostiukov
Claire Harpham

Some wonderful scenes have unfolded so far. Two of these are pretty major characters going forward. Seyla to these fans that hopefully (post edit) will be immortalized as canon.

Now, a cold beer and some candy corn to celebrate.

Hachirou "Phidias86" Girisha

Storyteller, when pissed, a few weeks from now:

That's what I will order...

Rai "StarBlaze" Akahoshi

"[...] Mechwarriors who don't care about Winning or Losing, they just live for the Fighting." - Heir Apparent by Michael A. Stackpole