HBS: Battletech - Discussion Thread (may contain spoiler)

Started by Hatake "Storyteller" Matsumura, 04.05.2018 10:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua "Gaookami" O'Connell

Just a short notice for anyone still wondering about melee attack angles: When going in for a melee attack you see multiple points around the target (most of the time). So if you want to attack from a specific side, first click the target, then the alternative point on the ground and then attack.

This took me ages to find out, so if this help anyone else: You're welcome
Gelber Vogel fliegt
Grauer Drache weise flieht
Ehre ist mir Pflicht

Red petals flying
Life is flowing so do I
Leaving signs behind

Yuudai "Yoogiibear" Kuma

Quote from: Sean "Crashingmail" Yoshioka on 10.05.2018 10:54
Falls Ihr die Datei noch nicht gefunden habt:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fnaqQv8nnYpy9gtQm75-D6fmYfNJ5u3OALSIe8ckOuo
Die gibt einen schönen Überblick über die Mechs, Fahrzeuge, Kosten usw.

Toller Hinweis, danke  :ok:

Hatake "Storyteller" Matsumura

+++EDIT+++
This the end, my friends...

Last night I finished the story campaign of HBS' Battletech. No big surprises, but none the less satisfying.

I played under Honest/Iron Man conditions with stockmechs.
Lost 3 pilots (Dekker, Photon, Texas).
I failed 2 mission and won a couple at a high price.
In the end I own 2 Atlas, 2 Stalkers, 2 Battlemasters, 1 Highlander, 1 Banshee and numerous other machines.
12 pilots including myself are member of the company "Tjorven's Fire"
My average payment is at about 1 million credits per month

Yuudai "Yoogiibear" Kuma

Guiness Record , maybe    :ok:   

By the way, I am still playing all side missions before the 2nd story mission - is it possible that the amount of side missions never ends ?

Sean "Crashingmail" Yoshioka

Quote from: Yuudai "Yogibear" Kuma on 12.05.2018 09:34
Guiness Record , maybe    :ok:   

By the way, I am still playing all side missions before the 2nd story mission - is it possible that the amount of side missions never ends ?

Correct!
Doragon o tataemasu

SMCPO Crashingmail  |  Web: www.36thdieron.de  |  Facebook: 36th Dieron Regulars DCMS

Yuudai "Yoogiibear" Kuma

So you can possible create different characters and keep them playing on different Tier levels ... that is an interesting feature in a single player game   :denk:

For instance, this could be nice if you like playing light 'Mechs only   :idea:

Daran bastel ich gerade, muss aber noch mit Smurfy sprechen nicht das es Ärger gibt, denn das Layout habe ich mir von Ihm abgeschaut.

http://designer.36thdieron.de

Das ist noch eine gaaaaaaaaaaaaaanz frühe Alpha Version, die kann gerade mal STOCK Anzeigen und ist noch nicht zum bauen geeignet.
Doragon o tataemasu

SMCPO Crashingmail  |  Web: www.36thdieron.de  |  Facebook: 36th Dieron Regulars DCMS

Nice! [emoji4]

Gesendet von meinem SM-G903F mit Tapatalk

Shin'ichi "K4t0o" Takeda

Quote from: Hatake "Storyteller" Matsumura on 12.05.2018 03:11
+++EDIT+++

Last night I finished the story campaign of HBS' Battletech. No big surprises, but none the less satisfying.

In the end I own 2 Atlas, 2 Stalkers, 2 Battlemasters, 1 Highlander, 1 Banshee and numerous other machines.

Congratulation! I will continue to play as soon as I'm in the mood again. I need a special time to "honor" the depth of the storyline. Otherwise, I just rush through the drops.

@Crashing: Are the loudouts of MWO saved online or offline? It would be nice to not click all the time to share the loadouts. I know that this is maybe a weird question. (Topicnapping?)

Quote from: Shin'ichi "K4t0o" Takeda on 12.05.2018 16:47
Quote from: Hatake "Storyteller" Matsumura on 12.05.2018 03:11
+++EDIT+++

Congratulation! I will continue to play as soon as I'm in the mood again. I need a special time to "honor" the depth of the storyline. Otherwise, I just rush through the drops.

@Crashing: Are the loudouts of MWO saved online or offline? It would be nice to not click all the time to share the loadouts. I know that this is maybe a weird question. (Topicnapping?)

Was ist? Geht es um Battletech oder MWO? Wenn MWO, dann hat es nichts hier im Topic zu suchen. Danke.
Hat es mit Battletech zu tun, dann versuch es mal in Deutsch, dann versteh ich vll. was du möchtest.
Doragon o tataemasu

So ein weiteres Update für http://designer.36thdieron.de , bin nicht ganz zufrieden mit dem Layout. Aber es ist schwer zwei komplett unterschiedliche auch anzupassen.

Nächster großer Schritt ist es die belegten Slots beweglich zu machen ...  :shock:
Doragon o tataemasu

Mensereg

Short words of mine.
It´s the first game for a long time i bought, and i am very glad i did.
You need to know what you do and it´s not easy at all.
I play slowly (storyline) and enjoy it.
I use mainly stock mechs, simple reason, they work quite good. I modefied centi to be a better brawler with srm and one shadowhawk with an extra lrm5 instead of srm. But this is also the problem i have at this stage, Tonnage and punch. Every mission you start brings you every minute to think push or not. 2 shadows, wolverine and centi make it interesting (hard) to get it done and i like it.
Last Storyline i played was kind of "WTF". Kill weapon transports before they leave, get swarmed by lights, indirect fire from mechs and turrets, i got kind of wrecked. Main Char in his Shadow got "killed", Centi cut to half, rest of my mechs heavy damaged and all Pilots injured. I was thinking of retry but i didn´t cause i don´t think it would be much better in the end.
My best Pilots are out of buiseness for several weeks and also the mechs but i am not broken and keep it going.

PS: Now Dragon is a bit better cause of tonnage but still lacks punch and don´t underestimate Initiative

I like the game very much as it is and enjoy it it like "Dawn of War I".

What you see is your Death

I enjoyed it a lot, too.

The only thing I really don't like is this constraint to use more and more assault mechs in the last third of the campaign. I don't like to play them, because they are extremly limited in terms of movement and therefore tactics. It's an "all in", nothing else. I asked Mitch Gitelman this in 2015 during my interview session wiith him and he promised to bring missions, where you would have to depend on lights and mediums as well, but unfortunately they didn't make it into the release version of the game.

Hopefully they will add it for DLCs / addons, because around the clock assaults sucks.

Hachirou "Phidias86" Girisha

Quote from: Hatake "Storyteller" Matsumura on 28.05.2018 10:28
The only thing I really don't like is this constraint to use more and more assault mechs in the last third of the campaign. I don't like to play them, because they are extremly limited in terms of movement and therefore tactics. It's an "all in", nothing else. I asked Mitch Gitelman this in 2015 during my interview session wiith him and he promised to bring missions, where you would have to depend on lights and mediums as well, but unfortunately they didn't make it into the release version of the game.
There are some rather time-critical storymissions, but they are located at the beginning of the game... You just couldn't possibly have played other Mechs than lights and mediums at this point. So technically they are not missing, but I agree with your observation. The game tends to necessite or at least reward brute force at later stages.

Although some of the random-missions (esp. intercept convoy) can be challenging, if you only bring slow mechs. Had one mission in wich one of the leading vehicles almost got away, because the map was hard to navigate for Mechs without jump jets.