HBS: Battletech - Discussion Thread (may contain spoiler)

Started by Hatake "Storyteller" Matsumura, 04.05.2018 10:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatake "Storyteller" Matsumura

Hello everyone,

for all the people who like or dislike the new Battletech, this is your nice and cozy place.

But for all who read here, beware: This thread may contain spoilers!

And now: Fire away!

Cheers
Storyteller

Sean "Crashingmail" Yoshioka

Finished next Mission where you access the SLDF store. First part already had because you fight against three waves of enemies. First mainly SLDF medium and heavy drones. Second with turrets and drones and after a cut scene you need to help lady Arano escaping from the planet.

Destroyed at the end 12 Mechs and a couple of tanks without losing any of the SLDF Battlemechs.

Great mission but very hard.

Gesendet von meinem ONE A2003 mit Tapatalk

Doragon o tataemasu

SMCPO Crashingmail  |  Web: www.36thdieron.de  |  Facebook: 36th Dieron Regulars DCMS

I love to be challenged. Like I mentionted in the "Honest Man"-Thread, I lost the story mission where you have to secure those ammo crates. But it forced me to rethink my setup and my general strategies. After a change of plans I mastered it, without doing permanent save and reload during the mission.

If a game is like this, I am very satisfied. Granting you different approach angles to solve a problem.

The only things I don't like about HBS' Battletech so far are the long loading times AND the the missing Marauder and Warhammer. I know, this is because of the legal case between Harmony Gold(en shower) and PGI, but I was so looking forward to have my own Marauder... I could cry out in tears!

Me hates Harmony "fucking" Gold...

Right now the mission getting higher in difficulty, but I am running now 2 Highlander 732&733, paired with an Orion LRM boat and my Wolverine as Scout.

Heavy fire on my side and the energy is challenging. Really good so far.

Gesendet von meinem ONE A2003 mit Tapatalk

Doragon o tataemasu

SMCPO Crashingmail  |  Web: www.36thdieron.de  |  Facebook: 36th Dieron Regulars DCMS

Grafstrat

Im now at the Rescue Mission. Worked fine for me. I got now my Standard Setup at mechs

Highlander LRM Boat with PPC
Orion Long Range with Gauss and PPC
2 Thunderbolt Close Range Brawler. 5 Medium Laser and SRM4

Works fine for me on most maps. Thunderbolt are quick enough with Jump Jets and Stuff to strike and Hide and the Long Range Mechs are doing a lot of damage. Long Range are knocking down mostly and the Brawlers are finishing them off. But it is becoming even more challenging at this point of the game

Hachirou "Phidias86" Girisha

Just found a mayor mistake in the game today, but see for yourselves. I can not believe it! THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!  :motz:

Traitor!!! [emoji23]

Gesendet von meinem SM-G903F mit Tapatalk

Takeshi "Valkener" Ino

Shin'ichi "K4t0o" Takeda

Quote from: Hachirou "Phidias86" Girisha on 05.05.2018 19:33
Just found a mayor mistake in the game today, but see for yourselves. I can not believe it! THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!  :motz:

I'm out of here! Nothing left to say...

STOP the traitor, throw Steiner after him. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay aber nun Schluß mit OffTopic! Denn K4t0o wird ja eh ganz anders geschrieben zumindest hier im Forum :floet:
Doragon o tataemasu

Grafstrat

The ISA said this is just disguise ;) Have spoken with them today personaly. Report about th 36th ....... uh ah another topic ;)

Yuudai "Yoogiibear" Kuma

I like it very much so far.   :ok:  Am I the only one who plays all missions, instead concentrating on the storyline missions?

The tutorials and the hints on the upper left corner are very helpful - but does there exist a newer pdf manual than the Battletech Backer Beta Manual V1.10 from last year?

Not all the sidequests, but as many I can take. Playing with stock mechs makes you careful when picking missions. Did fail one at a high cost and won one with losing two expensive mechs on my own.

But I managed to overcome the financial problems. From my early experience on my first run of Honest Man, I had enough backup in terms of personnel ans mechs to fill the ranks for some milkruns.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G903F mit Tapatalk

As a BT fan, this is why I love HBS' BattleTech (11/10):

This weekend I played two very costly random missions. One I have won and the other I lost. After this my cash got pretty low and I had several long time injured veteran pilots on my roster. I had to switch to a secondary setup with less powerful mechs and regular pilots. I worked myself out of this and got ready just in time for the next story mission, which was AWESOME!!! (literally)

It really feels like oldschool BattleTech. Like in the early novels, when mercs like the young Gray Death Legion or even Wolfs Dragoons got under financial pressure. When they had to be creative to get enough supplies. When keystone pilots were out of business.

Thank you HBS for this experience!

Falls Ihr die Datei noch nicht gefunden habt:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fnaqQv8nnYpy9gtQm75-D6fmYfNJ5u3OALSIe8ckOuo

Die gibt einen schönen Überblick über die Mechs, Fahrzeuge, Kosten usw.
Doragon o tataemasu