HBS: Battletech - Honest Man Competition !!!

Started by Hatake "Storyteller" Matsumura, 24.04.2018 11:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatake "Storyteller" Matsumura

A couple of people started this in the BT International Group on Facebook and I find this intriguing: To swear not to use save / load to make dead pilots alive again and not to change the outcome of a battle, if it isn't a bug or something that keeps you from playing the campaign any further.

So yes, I will do this on my first run through the campaign as well. And I will try to stick with stockmechs or at least minor variations of the regular mechs, to have the full oldschool BattleTech feeling.

Who is an honest man?
Who is with me?

For the Coordinator!
BANZAI!!!

Joshua "Gaookami" O'Connell

Gelber Vogel fliegt
Grauer Drache weise flieht
Ehre ist mir Pflicht

Red petals flying
Life is flowing so do I
Leaving signs behind

John MacAllister

Sean "Crashingmail" Yoshioka

Doragon o tataemasu

SMCPO Crashingmail  |  Web: www.36thdieron.de  |  Facebook: 36th Dieron Regulars DCMS

Okay, my first try as an honest man went ... kinda wrong. ;-P

1. I am almost bancrupt.
2. All of my mechs are severly damaged
3. One of my pilots already died (which is only a minor problem)

I won all fights so far, but at what price?

Doing it with stockmechs and sometimes in understrength (3 of 4 mechs) is challenging.
And I didn't know that you only get 1/3 of a mech if you ... buy a mech in the store.
These credits I miss dearly, especially because you cannot sell this 1/3 of a mech again. :-[

So I will try the campaign a second time under the very same conditions.

Cheers
Storyteller

Sean "Crashingmail" Yoshioka

Also ich habe nun 2.5 Mio auf dem Konto. Alle Piloten Leben und nur meine Spider ist ständig in Reparatur.
Ach ja und ich habe die Argo Mission gespielt.

Ein Tipp, geht am Anfang nicht auf das Salvage sondern zu 100% auf die Kohle.
Das hilft in den ersten Missionen ungemein.

Gesendet von meinem ONE A2003 mit Tapatalk

Doragon o tataemasu

SMCPO Crashingmail  |  Web: www.36thdieron.de  |  Facebook: 36th Dieron Regulars DCMS

Nanashi "Solothkar" no Gonbei

Nah, dishonesy towards a cheating RNGesus is fine with me and my conscience. And it is still a bit away until I get to play it. I play video games for fun and hate wasting my time.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
urusai - wakarimasen - doke!

Jeder ist vor dem Gesetz gleich. Das Nähere regeln Ausländergesetz, Parteibuch, Geschlecht, Alter und Dienstgrad.
- Gerd Wollschon

hiemem venit

Second try runs smoothly so far. Critical moment has been the 2. mission on my first try, when my most expensive mechs had been extremly damaged. This time it didn't happen and now I have a run!

DerHenker

bisher noch nicht gespielt bis auf die ersten 10min der ersten missioin.
hab leider den 100% gpu usage bug
keinen bock das meine gkarte wie bei anderen sich in einen klumpen altmetal verwandelt

I am really looking forward to finally get some heavy BattleMechs.

Piloting Mediums is okayish, but I am more the 65 kph guy with big guns.

Yesterday it's been the first time I've seen one on the field, a Quickdraw. Had to think of Onai, because he's a fan of this chassis. But unfortunatly I had to destroy it almost completly.

Yuudai "Yoogiibear" Kuma

Joshua "Gaookami" O'Connell

Das Spiel ist so klasse. Bisher erst wenige Missionen gespielt, aber Grafik, Gameplay und Spannung passen für mich  :ok:
Gelber Vogel fliegt
Grauer Drache weise flieht
Ehre ist mir Pflicht

Red petals flying
Life is flowing so do I
Leaving signs behind

Yoshi "FlynnTheAvatar" Abe

Second story mission (the one after Argo): I lost my Jenner (my mistake), but still had three mediums. Then a lance of fresh mechs came around and the first salvo: Bumm, double headshot, my almost fresh Centurion is out of the game, the pilot killed. So, I have only two mechs left (Vindicator and ShadowHawk) against three (165t). I got some support later, but I lost three pilots and everything but the ShadowHawk.  :wall:

Yuudai "Yoogiibear" Kuma

Den tutorialähnlichen Unterhaltungen mit der Mannschaft habe ich entnommen, dass man sich in kostspieligen ausweglosen Situationen auch zurückziehen kann.
Auftrag abbrechen, alle Warrior katapultieren sich aus den 'Mechs und lassen sich vom Landungsschiff einsammeln, auch die 'Mechs werden geborgen.
Hab ich aber noch nicht ausprobiert   8-)  wahrscheinlich fallen dann Reparaturkosten an  :denk:

Yoshi "FlynnTheAvatar" Abe

This game is seriously lacking balance. The mission before the last had two and a half death heads, and I was warned that I had not enough tonnage. The mission was a piece of cake, no pilot or structure damage. Then the last, "only" two heads, no warning...

Let's see: One fully armored mostly medium lance (Shadow Hawk, Enforcer, Trebuchet, Jenner). Will be very very tough. And next round, reinforcements... a fully armored light lance. And no room to manouver. And all upon my lance. Yes, sure; the only chance to win this if you salvaged both enemy heavies in the two story missions. So, go for a head shot on both, otherwise you will only get one of the three parts. And no, you will not find more parts in a shop...

And I believe the Centurion is cursed. Two head hits, on knockdown. Almost no internal damage, but another pilot bites the dust.