Macross in JPN

Started by BayYan, 13.02.2016 19:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Onai "Oni" Tekimata

I like this "old" design. The round canopy is much better then the boxy thing in MWO. I think this will be my next project for a bigger mech that I will assemble and paint. I still have a Vulture MK2 that I have to complete....

Chu-sa Onai Tekimata, Web: 36th Dieron Regulars, Facebook: 36th Dieron Regulars DCMS
"wisdom is your best weapon"

BayYan

Episode 25 Megaroad-01, I heard its name after a long time.

Algirium

Wow, Macross thread!
I'm a fan of Frontier but don't watch Delta. That's because Delta feels like it's more about idols and songs than about mecha and war, and I dislike the very concept of idols and excessive fan service (Frontier could use some accent shifting away from songs in late episodes too).
Here's the AMV I made almost 10 years ago when Frontier just started airing, DL link for better quality (54MB) or youtube fo crappy :)

Onai "Oni" Tekimata

Quote from: Algirium on 19.09.2016 15:06
Wow, Macross thread!
I'm a fan of Frontier but don't watch Delta. That's because Delta feels like it's more about idols and songs than about mecha and war, and I dislike the very concept of idols and excessive fan service (Frontier could use some accent shifting away from songs in late episodes too).
Here's the AMV I made almost 10 years ago when Frontier just started airing, DL link for better quality (54MB) or youtube fo crappy :)

YEAH!!!! AND WITH MY FAVORITE BAND!!!! THATS AWESOME!!!!  :ok:

Chu-sa Onai Tekimata, Web: 36th Dieron Regulars, Facebook: 36th Dieron Regulars DCMS

BayYan

>> I like this "old" design.

I like designs of its time, too.
Bukotu-na design ga totemo yoi. :ok:

But Recent robots is bioroid rather than a machine.
That is a bit unfortunate. (It doesn't mean that bioroid's design is bad.)

>>That's because Delta feels like it's more about idols and songs than about mecha and war

It is said that there are too few battle & mechanical scenes in Japan, too.
I thought that Battroid-style would play the more active role in Delta's story when I watched the 1st episode. but...

BayYan

Episode 26 Last battle & Finale.

But There is not enough time...

to make up for insufficient robot's parts...

Battlemaster to Shadowhawk ha yhari kakkoii...

Rai "StarBlaze" Akahoshi

"[...] Mechwarriors who don't care about Winning or Losing, they just live for the Fighting." - Heir Apparent by Michael A. Stackpole

BayYan

Rai "StarBlaze" Akahoshi

Patlabor Reboot! \o/
"[...] Mechwarriors who don't care about Winning or Losing, they just live for the Fighting." - Heir Apparent by Michael A. Stackpole

BayYan

Quote from: 7StarBlaze7 on 05.11.2016 13:54
Patlabor Reboot! \o/

Patlabor Reboot! \o/ \o/

This movie is just great!
https://youtu.be/sOrbHOueDn4?t=45s

BayYan

Gundam in Odaiba, It will be dismantled from next March.
That is sad. :cry:

Onai "Oni" Tekimata

WHAT?!?!? WHY?
Then I have to plan a trip so see it early next year!!!

Default Settings

BayYan: Any idea what will happen to it? Somehow I can't believe that they'll just scrap it.
Where lightning strikes once, a ninja strikes twice.

Rai "StarBlaze" Akahoshi

As far as I know they are closing the Museum. Thanks god I was able to be there in time XD

BayYan

Onai-san
The last shooting day is March 5, 2017.

Default-san, 7StarBlaze7-san
I hope that it is built again.
but unfortunately the next gundam project  has not been decided yet.

*Trees around the gundam: about 7-10m

The Gundam in Odaiba, Its length is about 18m and as tall as Atlas.
Actually looking at it from various distances, you will realize mech's size indirectly.
The experience may be helpful to do role-playing of Battletech. :)